BODY ART SHOWCASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The theme for this competition is “OUT ‘n’ PROUD”
2. Online registration is essential for artists and models to enter the competition. Registration and Entry to the Festival for 2021 are FREE
3. The competition consists in one OPEN FULL BODY ART CATEGORY, in which artists can show off their diverse skills with combined techniques, including, but not limited to, “Brush & Sponge”, “Airbrush” and “Makeup”. Artists will also be allowed to add accessories, glitter, gems, headpieces and footwear if desired.
4. Models must be over 18 years of age. Entrants must bring their own model (a Model release form will be required to be submitted prior to the day of the competition). All models must wear a G-string, brief or boxer. Nipple covers are optional for Female Models.
5. The competition will be running throughout the festival, start time at 11:30am. Artists will be given 4.5 hrs to complete their entry, with compulsory registration 30 minutes prior to the start time (Artists and models are
required to be on site between 10:30-11am to organise their working area). Entrants cannot commence work before the official start and must finish painting when the end of the competition is announced. Finishing time: 4pm.
6. Before the competition, each entrant will be allocated a work area and body artwork can only be done within that area. Only artists, models, judges and event officials may enter the work areas. Due to the Festival being held during winter, low temperatures may be expected. Gas heaters will be provided in the working area, although the runway show and awards ceremony will be held on the main stage. Therefore, we encourage artists and models to take precautions to prevent discomfort in outdoor areas.
7. Hairstyling, hair adornments (wigs or hairpieces), false nails and false lashes are allowed and may be worked on before the start of competition. Artists will also be allowed to add accessories, glitter, gems, headpieces and footwear if desired.
8. All body paints, makeup and glues must contain only cosmetically approved ingredients and must be non-toxic and fully compliant with EU or FDA cosmetic regulations. This is essential for the safety of your model and contravention of this rule will result in immediate disqualification.
9. A MINIMUM OF 80% of the body must be covered with paint or/and adornments, regardless of the design.
10. Entrants and models must remain until the judges’ decisions are announced. There will be a runway show and award ceremony at the completion of the competition. Artists and models are welcome to stay and enjoy the second
section of the Festival (5-9pm) for free.
11. There will be a panel of 3 judges: Robin Worship, Fran Catford and a surprise Judge announced on the day. Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be contested.
12. Artists will be judged on:
Originality & Interpretation of theme (25%)
Technical expertise and execution (25%)
Composition and Aesthetics (25%) and
Use of colour (25%).
13. First Place will be awarded with a trophy and a cash price. Second Place will be awarded with a trophy. Best Model will be awarded with a trophy.
14. Artists and models are responsible for all their personal belongings. “OUT ‘n’ PROUD” Festival will not be responsible for any damage or loss to personal effects.
15. All work may be photographed, recorded and published by the “OUT ‘n’ PROUD” production team, which has the right to use images and information for future advertising, promotional purposes and sale.
16. No smoking or alcohol consumption is permitted in the competition work areas.
17. Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions will result in disqualification.
18. Artist and models are required to check in at the main entrance and details for contact tracing will be collected at time of booking. Details such as name, email and phone number will be collected.
19. Out ‘n’ Proud Festival will be conducted with a Covid Safe Event Checklist. By registering, all artists and models agree to comply with the following terms and conditions of entry:
Do not enter if they feel unwell, have symptoms such as a fever or sore throat, shortness of breath or been in contact with someone who has recently had COVID-19 or has travelled overseas or to an Australian hotspot.
Practice the 1.5m rule when queuing.
Adhere to the current health guidelines as set down by Queensland Health at the time of this event.
Acknowledge the terms and conditions and agree to adhere to them.
Practice social distancing and good hygiene at all times.